Saturday, October 4, 2008

Radiant Barrier Update

Well, it's time to climb in the attic and install the radiant barrier. In an earlier post, I was in the process of researching exactly what it does and if it would actually save money. After having EAS come out and give me an estimate; I decided this would be a DIY project, but wanted to wait for a cooler season. That season is here.

The goal next week is to decide exactly what foil to use on the roof rafters.  Thus far I've found Attic Foil to be the most comprehensive website around, when it comes to doing it yourself radiant barriers.  You'll find plenty of pictures and instructions on the best way to accomplish this task for yourself and your location.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip on
AtticFoil.com
You are right. Good info and install instructions. Plus, the price is the best I've found. I've been waiting for it to cool off too. I had a buddy who installed the foil and he had to raise his thermostat 3 degrees the next day after installation because his house was getting to cold. So, I know it works. I'm just not too excited about spending all day in my attic.

Radiant Barrier said...

Trent R:

I'm planning to install a radiant barrier in my attic. My brother just installed one and seems to be very pleased. Did you get a chance to install and do you find that it was worth it? Thanks for the info.